Spicy Chipotle Seared Tuna with:
One of my favourite things to do with quality, lean protein such as tuna is to grill it very simply with a dry, spice rub. This makes it the star of the dish and then you can enjoy setting about making all different kinds of side dishes. Each of the ones chosen here is just to give you an example of how easy it is. I went with the idea of a Taco here, using Mexican inspired ingredients but you could also go down the Asian route with it. Soy and ginger glazed tuna with creamy wasabi avocado, sesame shredded cabbage etc. Eating this way is so simple and a great way to pack in loads of raw vegetables without feeling like a rabbit! Whilst I have started with the tuna here, it is best to make the sides first. On a week night you can pick just one or two sides. It is such a versatile, quick and easy supper. The full mango salsa recipe is on the blog so I have not included that here.
Spicy Chipotle Seared Tuna
1. While you are getting your griddle pan hot, brush the tuna with the olive oil and rub with salt and pepper.
2. When your pan is nice and hot, place your tuna in the pan and sear for one minute (if you like it rare like I do) on each side.
3. Seal the edges by holding the tuna with tongs and searing all around for just 20 seconds on each edge.
4. Remove from pan and slice as you like it.
Creamy Lime Guacamole
1. Combine all the ingredients
2. Whizz to a creamy consistency with a hand blender or mixer
3. Taste again because once you blend it the seasoning can become diluted
4. Season to taste
Smoky Tomato Salsa
1. Combine all diced ingredients and seasonings along with ½ the coriander
2. Leave to sit for at least 20 minutes
3. Taste for seasoning and add more lime or paprika as needed
4. Serve garnished with coriander
I love the crunch that finely chopped cabbage gives. I like to pickle it ever so slightly by massaging it in a little cider vinegar and lime juice along with some salt and pepper. This really softens it and gives it that coleslaw texture without you having to add mayonnaise. You can season it with chilli or more smoked paprika and make it exactly how you want it.
Chipotle Kale Chips
These are amazing and stay crisp all evening. I absolutely LOVE them!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Toss the kale in the oil and seasonings really well making sure each piece is nicely and evenly coated
3. Place on a non stick baking sheet making sure they are evenly spread out
4. Bake for about 20 minutes but check on them often because in just seconds they can go from almost cooked to charred!
As always, drop me comment below, plus don’t forget to join my private Facebook Group if you haven’t done so already……and remember The Full-Bodied Evolution Members Club has a wealth of materials and a growing community of like-minded people to help you on your weight loss journey! Plus, you can always find me on both Instagram and Pinterest for more lifestyle food and fitness tips!