This soup is hands down one of the best ways to finish up an excess of courgette as it uses quite a lot. The texture here is one of the things that makes up for the soft and pale colour. It is like velvet but packed with flavour. The beans make this deeply satisfying and the garlic makes it lovely and savoury.
Now down to business…..
Obviously not everyone has wild garlic available to them so in this case I use leeks. Use about 6 large leeks in place of the wild garlic.
As for the beans, any kind of white been will do but here I used just a jar of haricot beans however butterbeans and cannellini beans work just as well.
If you are using giant marrow size courgettes then do peel them however if you are using sweet little baby ones then do leave the skin on some or all of them as it gives a lovely appearance to the finished dish.
This is a giant batch so feel free to halve or quarter the recipe.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the wild garlic or leek.
2. Once the garlic is softened right down, add the rest of the solid ingredients.
3. Season with salt and pepper as you go (but be careful if you are using shop bought cubes because they tend to be salty on their own.)
4. After the vegetables are all heated together, its time for the beans. Throw them in and give them a quick stir.
5. Add the stock.
6. Simmer for about 20 mins with the lid on but try not to let it boil vigorously because it really changes the soup and not in a good way. :’)
7. Once the time is up and the vegetables are soft then its time to blend. If you are using a Magimix then I recommend blending in batches so leave it to cool a bit before you start. If you use a hand blender (like I do) then you don’t have to wait quite as long for the soup to cool. Especially if it has a metal stick.
8. Blend until smooth and taste for seasoning. Add a little more salt and pepper if you wish.
As always, drop me comment below, plus don’t forget to join my private Facebook Group if you haven’t done so already……and remember The Full-Bodied Evolution Members Club has a wealth of materials and a growing community of like-minded people to help you on your weight loss journey! Plus, you can always find me on both Instagram and Pinterest for more lifestyle food and fitness tips!