Sometimes I love to have something that feels clean and cleansing. This is one of my go to dishes. The great thing about this dish is its versatility. If I want a spicy broth I add more chilli, garlic and ginger, It is great for using up vegetables and the tofu makes it more satisfying. I also occasionally like to add wholewheat or buckwheat noodles to this if I am extra hungry! Omit the fish sauce for a delicious vegetarian or vegan soup, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 litre of water or organic vegetable stock
- Thumb size piece of fresh ginger (grated)
- As much garlic as you like
- 50g shitake mushrooms
- 2 good stalks of lemongrass (outside layers removed) and finely chopped
- 300g of firm tofu (cubed)
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- 50g of peas
- Handful of Spinach and/or kale
- ½ medium courgette and/or half head of broccoli chopped as you please
- 1 red chilli (finely diced)
- Fish sauce to taste
- Place water or veg stock in deep pan.
- Add lemongrass, ginger and garlic and bring to the boil.
- After this has simmered for a few minutes add in the chilli, and courgette and shitake mushrooms.
- When the courgette is just starting to turn tender throw in all the other ingredients you wish to use. The aim of this dish is to keep the veg somewhat crunchy so try not to over cook it.
- When this is all ready to go, taste and season with fish sauce.
- Add the tofu for a minute at the end. It doesn’t need long.
- Spoon into a bowl and sprinkle with coriander.
As always, drop me comment below, plus don’t forget to join my private Facebook Group if you haven’t done so already……and remember The Full-Bodied Evolution Members Club has a wealth of materials and a growing community of like-minded people to help you on your weight loss journey! Plus, you can always find me on both Instagram and Pinterest for more lifestyle food and fitness tips!
….and don’t forget to listen to The Full-Bodied Evolution Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify!