Cauliflower is an incredibly versatile vegetable. I like to make this mash as a lighter alternative to potato. It goes well with anything that ordinary potato mash would go with and is so filling and delicious that you don’t have to add the usual butter, cream and cheese to make it interesting. In this respect it is perfect for vegetarians, vegans or anyone following a dairy free diet, and a wonderful side dish for any meal.
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 4 spring onions chopped right to the end of their stalk
- 1 handful of fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop cauliflower into large chunks, including the stalk.
- Steam the cauliflower till soft and mashable. This prevents it from becoming watery and soggy when you mash it.
- Meanwhile chop your spring onion and chives finely. Reserve some of the chives for garnish.
- Once the cauliflower is steamed, use a hand blender to whiz it up with the olive oil. This combines it and makes a nice smooth mash.
- Once your cauliflower is blended, add in your chopped spring onion and some of the chives. This gives a nice texture.
- When all your ingredients are combined, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with chives and if you like another drizzle of olive oil.
As always, drop me comment below, plus don’t forget to join my private Facebook Group if you haven’t done so already……and remember The Full-Bodied Evolution Members Club has a wealth of materials and a growing community of like-minded people to help you on your weight loss journey! Plus, you can always find me on both Instagram and Pinterest for more lifestyle food and fitness tips!
….and don’t forget to listen to The Full-Bodied Evolution Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify!